Update your MFA
DUO is being replaced by the Microsoft Multifactor Authentication (MFA) tool. To enroll in Microsoft's MFA follow the directions below:
- Go to psu.edu/mfa and click “Enroll in MFA”. This will take you to a Microsoft Form.
- Read the introductory information on the MS Form and click on the “circle” that says, I am ready to enroll by adding and registering my devices.
- Click Submit.
- You will be directed to the Knowledge Base article that outlines the step-by-step process to register your devices. You will need to start at step 2 in the KB article.
- Once you have reviewed the KB article, click the link for the My Sign Ins page on Microsoft’s Security Info portal to add and register the mobile device, landline, and/or security key/hardware token you will be using to confirm your identity.
- If you encounter any disruptions when registering your devices, please wait a few minutes, open a new browser, and navigate to microsoft.com/security-info to restart the registration process.
If you need help during this process, contact the IT Service Desk via chat, submit a Get Help ticket, phone at (814) 865-4357, or email at ITservicedesk@psu.edu.
After you are enrolled in MFA, you will be prompted to verify your identity each time you log into a University-affiliated site or service through a number-matching notification sent to your enrolled device. The new MFA authentication is different from Duo, but its purpose and functionality remain the same.
Do not uninstall Duo now, as there may be some systems and services within the University that still require it. You may also be using Duo for other non-Penn State instances outside the University.