As an employee of the College of the Liberal Arts, we want to ensure you can leverage the available technology and services we offer to be successful. This guide will introduce you to some of our services, recommendations, and technology solutions to make IT easy.
For questions, requests, and IT related incidents, contact us via phone at 814.865.3412 or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit a ticket, go to it.la.psu.edu.
Services we offer, free of charge:
*Please note: Website development services do not include personal websites. Websites associated with the College of the Liberal Arts, including research, will be addressed. If you need an additional website, you may leverage https://sites.psu.edu or https://personal.psu.edu to establish personal Penn State related websites.
Your Data at Penn State
Penn State provides two options for cloud based storage. These are OneDrive and Google Drive. For storing research data, please see our section on data security.
- OneDrive: As part of Office 365, you will be given a OneDrive account. OneDrive offers secure, cloud based storage that lets you seamlessly collaborate and access your Microsoft Office files from anywhere. There is a 1TB data limit associated with this account.
- Google Drive: As part of G suite for Education, you will be given a Google Drive account. Here, you can securely store and organize assignments, documents, or class curriculum and access them from any device.
The Office of Information Security establishes, implements, and maintains a University-wide security program. They protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Penn State’s information assets from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, modification, damage, or loss. To help you understand the sensitivity of that information and how to protect it, visit https://security.psu.edu/
To learn more about the various Penn State data classifications, where the data can be stored and how it can be safeguarded, please consult the Information Classification Tool.
Authority To Operate (ATO) – Penn State keeps its promises regarding rules and regulations around your data by obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO) for any system processing or storing Restricted (Level 4) or High (Level 3) data. We can help you navigate the request process and provide IT Support.
Security Enclaves -The Penn State Security Enclave Service helps researchers and IT staff quickly transition their work to a pre-configured and highly secure computing infrastructure that complies with Penn State Policies and Standards.
Research IT consulting is focused on establishing productive partnerships with our faculty. Together we can identify opportunities and provide value and solutions to the College of the Liberal Arts. Our goal is to help you meet your requirements and achieve your research expectations.
Our research IT consulting staff can…
- Consult, assess, and understand your research technology regarding hardware, software/applications, data management plans, high performance computing (HPC) and more!
- Determine and manage technology solutions.
- Coordinate and connect faculty with appropriate University resources to establish knowledge areas and collaboration opportunities.
Discover the Latest in Penn State Research
Need more guidance on our research services? Check out https://cyberinfrastructure.psu.edu for more information.
The Institute for Computational and Data Sciences (ICDS) at Penn State offers a high performance computing (HPC) service to tackle the big data challenges you may have while researching.
The Liberal Arts Research Office can assist faculty in their quest to conduct path cutting research by helping them develop research projects, submit grant proposals, and manage grant and contract funds.
Information Technology in Liberal Arts is dedicated to assisting researchers with their technology needs, which may include:
- Researching application consultation
- Meeting the Data Security and Compliance requirements
- Assisting with obtaining professional services
- Estimating hardware, software, and storage costs
Check out our remote research resources!
Servicing Your Remote Needs
On the move? As long as you have an internet connection, we can connect to your computer via a Remote IT Support session to get you the assistance you need. One way we do this is through TeamViewer.
TeamViewer, our remote support tool, lets us help you faster! This software is pre-installed on all College of the Liberal Arts computers. It allows us to securely connect to your device, access files and applications, and troubleshoot any issues you may be experiencing.
Penn State IT Resources
Some Penn State applications are supported through specific teams in Penn State IT. For assistance with these applications, you can view the support urls provided, contact the ITS Helpdesk at 814-865-HELP (4357) or via email at ITservicedesk@psu.edu.